EULAR/EMEUNET Interest groups
We would like to invite you to participate in the inaugural edition of the “EULAR/EMEUNET Interest groups” during the virtual EULAR Congress 2021.
The aim of the initiative is to offer a networking space for researchers/clinicians with interest in a specific topic during EULAR 2021. In each group we will offer 1) a live chat forum to virtually interact during the whole congress and 2) participation in a live video interactive discussion with the rest of the group and an invited speaker. Each interest group is organized by an EMEUNET Ambassador and will cover the topics below.
This is a unique opportunity to meet and interact with colleagues from the field and discuss hot topics during the EULAR 2021 Congress. Each interest groups will be limited to 12 participants in total, so we will have to pre-select participants for each group. All registered EULAR participants can apply, however, priority will be given to EMEUNET members.
Applications to participate in the Interest groups will open with the start of the Congress on 2.6.2021 on the EULAR Congress platform. You will be able to apply to the Interest Group via virtual platform (under Interest Group Discussion tab, you will be able to choose the subgroup of interest and apply through the “Book” button). To apply, please share with us a short motivational statement (up to 200 words) in the box that will open up. Please note that with application you also confirm your availability to participate in live video discussion (see time-slots below). Based on your profile description and short motivational statement, ambassadors will select the participants for each group. In order to secure the spot in the group, we highly suggest to submit your application as soon as possible on 2.6.2021.
EULAR/EMEUNET Ambassador Programme
We invite 30 fellows who are first or second-time attendees to the conference to be part of our EULAR/EMEUNET ambassador programme and receive congress mentorship from EULAR veterans (ideally in your field of interest) on how to make the most of your time.
The details are as follows:
- Applicants will be selected on a first-come, first-served basis
- Participants will be allocated to small groups, each with a EULAR ambassador from EMEUNET
- Your ambassador will get in contact with you prior to the meeting
- You will be invited to the welcome meeting, so that you can meet other fellow first time attendees and your ambassadors too in an informal setting
- Participants will be offered the chance to participate in the EMEUNET social activities
- The mentoring process will be informal
- The programme is for free and open to EMEUNET members and non-members
If you wish to apply, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org AND email@example.com and confirm that you will attend this year’s annual EULAR meeting. In your email please include:
- Describe in 100 words why you want to apply and what you expect from this programme.
- A photo, so when selected, the EMEUNET Ambassador can identify you at the EMEUNET booth.
- Telephone number, as the Ambassador groups will use whatsApp for communication during EULAR if necessary.
- Please indicate field/s of interest, which will help us to find the best ambassador/mentor for you.
Take a look at our report from the 2018 programme, with insights from both fellows and ambassadors!