EMEUNET Country Liaison Sub-Committee
Leader: Xavier Michelena-Vegas (Spain / UK)
Members: Aggelos Banos (Greece), Alessandro Giollo (Italy), Cristiana Sieiro Santos (Portugal), Enrico De Lorenzis (Italy), Irene Cecchi (Italy), Tania Gudu (UK / Romania), Zoran Velickovic (Serbia)
The aims of the Country Liaison Sub-committee are:
- To promote and distribute EMEUNET / EULAR information
Reach and attract young rheumatologists and/or researchers (trainees and specialists included, <40 years of age) in every country to become members and to participate in EMEUNET/ EULAR activities.
For this, we support and work closely with the country liaisons, on whom we rely to:
- Disseminate information prepared by EMEUNET (e.g. newsletters, courses, job opportunities, surveys, etc.) to the young rheumatologists and researchers in rheumatology within their countries.
- Perform and report back on national activities meant to increase the visibility and adherence to EMEUNET within their countries.
- Keep in touch and give feedback / suggestions.
- To encourage and support the country liaisons and keep the Country Liaison network active
Our sub-committee actively promotes EMEUNET at a national level: visibility at national meetings, comprehensive and updated email lists, etc. For this, we send out periodic reminders and materials, organize regular TC, and are always available for queries.
- To prepare and update EMEUNET advertising materials
We have designed a collection of EMEUNET advertising material in a ready-to-use kit serving as resources for the activity of the Country Liaisons. These materials include a slide deck, a number of flyers and posters, etc.
- To increase the visibility of the Country Liaisons and their actions
Every year, we organize the annual Country Liaison meeting, a specific event for Country Liaisons which takes place at EULAR Annual Congress. Our sub-committee is also in charge of the Country Liaison Newsletter, in collaboration with the Newsletter Sub-committee. Finally, we also make regular reports on the Country Liaisons actions in the EMEUNET social media platforms, in collaboration with the Social Media Sub-committee.