EMEUNET Education Sub-Committee
Leader: Luis Fernando Perez (Mexico / Netherlands)
Members: Arani Vivenakantham (Sri Lanka / UK), Elise van Mulligen (Netherlands), Gizem Ayan (Turkey), Maria Sokolova (Russian Federation / Germany), Philipp Bosch (Austria), Pierre-Antonie Juge (France), Tsvetoslav Georgiev (Bulgaria), Vincenzo Venerito (Italy)
The aim of the Education Sub-committee is to improve the clinical and scientific knowledge among young rheumatologists and researchers (trainees and specialists included, aged 40 years and under), working in the field of rheumatology in Europe and beyond.
When EMEUNET started its activities, a large online survey of over 700 participants was used to assess the educational needs of young rheumatologists and researchers.
The Education Sub-committee was formed to meet these needs, by providing information about existing educational programs and funding opportunities (by EULAR and other organizations), as well as developing new educational opportunities.
Over the past years, EMEUNET has expanded and is now engaged in several educational activities, in conjunction with EULAR's Committees. Find out more about EULAR's educational opportunities here .
Having a large group of young rheumatologist and researchers (over 2,000 members), we are able to provide valuable information (via the means of online surveys and direct contacts with members in different countries), in order to tailor the educational content from EULAR to the Needs of young rheumatologists and researchers.
Successful ongoing projects:
- The 'What is New' initiative, reporting on the latest basic, translational and clinical research in major areas of rheumatology.
- EMEUNET members in EULAR recommendation committees.
- EMEUNET member course bursaries.
- EMEUNET Educational Calendar: to inform others about educational events and deadlines.
- EMEUNET-EULAR Ambassador Programme: to support 1st time attendees at the EULAR Annual European Congress of Rheumatology.
- EMEUNET-EULAR Fellow Sessions: proposing clinical and scientific sessions at the EULAR Annual European Congress of Rheumatology, with special interest for young attendees.
- Reports from educational activities: collecting reports from previous attendees of educational activities.
- #EMEUNETonCourse initiative on Twitter.
- Research speed dating at EULAR and ACR.