EMEUNET Peer Review Mentoring Program
Since its first edition in 2012, this innovative program has received enormous attention by all the EMEUNET community and it has been continuously growing.
Collaboration with ARD and RMD Open
Currently we are running a collaboration with the two EULAR/BMJ rheumatology journals: ARD and RMD Open. The addition of RMD Open to the program brought new top-level mentors and a broader selection of research topics, as well as a higher number of places available.
The participation of mentors and mentees of this program has been acknowledged in the “Thank you to reviewers” issue of the participating journals.
Fifth edition of the program
In 2019, we have launched the fifth edition of this program. For the second time, this program was organized in collaboration with the two EULAR/BMJ rheumatology journals: ARD and RMD Open. In addition, all mentees who attended the EULAR were able to meet the mentors during the congress.
For this year edition, we have 22 mentees and 5 mentors:
- João E. Fonseca: rheumatoid arthritis, biomarkers, therapy, animal models
- Gerd Burmester: rheumatoid arthritis, clinical trials, cellular activation mechanisms, biomarkers, imaging
- John Isaacs: rheumatoid arthritis (pathophysiology, clinical), translational research, immune modulation
- Annelies Boonen: epidemiology, economic evaluations, work participation, quality of life / utility, shared decision making/ preferences research, socio-economic determinants of health /context/equity
- Xenofon Baraliakos: spondyloarthritis/spondyloarthropathies, psoriatic arthritis, imaging
Introductory meetings during the EULAR congress
Additionally, during the 2019 EULAR congress, for the second time, introductory meetings between mentors and mentees were organized in the framework of this program.
Viewpoint article in RMD Open
The experience from the EMEUNET Peer Review Program has been reported in a viewpoint article RMD Open. In this article, we have summarized the main characteristics of the program, the outcomes of the last editions and the recent improvements implemented. A list of recommendations to consider for the implementation of similar educational/mentoring activities is outlined.
Do not miss your opportunity to engage in scientific state-of-the-art discussions with leading experts and receiving a valuable training in peer review. We invite you to keep posted to our social media platforms and newsletters and apply to the following editions!
For any questions related to this program, please refer to firstname.lastname@example.org