EMEUNET Education Sub-Committee
Leader: Tue Wenzel Kragstrup (Denmark)
Members: Alla Ishchenko (Belgium), Elise van Mulligen (Netherlands), Fabian Proft (Germany), Juan Molina (Spain), Luis Fernando Perez (Mexico / Netherlands), Massimo Radin (Italy), Olena Zimba (Ukraine) .
The aim of the Education Subgroup is to improve the clinical and scientific knowledge among young rheumatologists and researchers (trainees and specialists included, aged 40 years and under), working in the field of rheumatology in Europe and beyond.
When EMEUNET started its activities, a large online survey of over 700 participants was used to assess the educational needs of young rheumatologists and researchers.
The educational subgroup was formed to meet these needs, by providing information about existing educational programs and funding opportunities (by EULAR and other organizations), as well as developing new educational opportunities.
Over the past years, EMEUNET has expanded and is now engaged in several educational activities, in conjunction with ESCET, the EULAR standing committee of education, and other EULAR committees. Please click here to view the courses offered by EULAR, with reports from previous attendees .
Having a large group of young rheumatologist and researchers (over 2000 members), we are able to provide valuable information (via the means of online surveys and direct contacts with members in different countries), in order to tailor the educational content from EULAR to the needs of young rheumatologists and researchers.
Successful ongoing projects:
- The 'What is New' initiative, reporting on the latest basic, translational and clinical research in major areas of rheumatology.
- EMEUNET members in EULAR recommendation committees.
- EMEUNET member course bursaries.
- EMEUNET educational calendar: to inform others about educational events and deadlines.
- EMEUNET / EULAR ambassador programs: to support 1st time attendees at t he EULAR Annual European Congress of Rheumatology.
- EMEUNET / EULAR fellow sessions: proposing clinical and scientific sessions at the EULAR Annual European Congress of Rheumatology, with special interest for young attendees.
- Reports from educational activities: collecting reports from previous attendees of educational activities.
- #EMEUNETonCourse initiative on Twitter.
- Research speed dating at EULAR and ACR.